CAREY & JASKOWSKI
Attorneys at Law
resolving complex legal matters throughout northern Michigan
Real Estate Law
Our attorneys can help you with an assortment of real estate transactions. We are experienced in representing individuals, developers, property owner associations, and financial institutions.
We are recognized as statewide experts in the Land Division Act.
Focus areas of our real estate practice include:
- Purchases and sales of real estate, including purchase agreements, listing agreements, title searches and opinions, closing statements and drafting of deeds, land contracts, and related documents.
- Mortgages and land contract foreclosures.
- Leases, including commercial and residential properties.
- Master deeds for condominiums and related bylaws.
- Easements and rights-of-way.
- Construction projects and lien foreclosure under the Michigan Construction Lien Act.
- Plat amendments.
Litigation is a costly and often frustrating experience for parties involved in a disagreement. Avoiding the high cost of litigation and being able to have real input into the end result of a claim are two huge benefits of alternative dispute resolution.
Nearly every court in northern Michigan is encouraging litigants to suspend the litigation process and attempt to resolve disagreements through the mediation process.
Our firm has trained and experienced mediators available for you to utilize to advance alternative dispute resolution. Our mediation fees are reasonable and we make every effort to avoid the add on costs that can make the process more expensive then it should be.
We are centrally located in northern Michigan so that travel costs are minimal. We have excellent facilities to host the mediation process for you. Please contact attorney William Carey for more information.
Environmental and Water Law
The complex array of statutes, regulations, and administrative rulings that form Michigan's environmental law are in constant flux. The legal Carey & Jaskowski remains abreast of these changes by reviewing a wi
Our environmental law practices focuses on:
- Wetlands permitting.
- Clean-up of contaminated sites.
- Litigating under the Michigan Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Act.
- Timber Production and forestry matters.
Carey & Jaskowski is one of the leading law firms in the state of Michigan when it comes to water law and riparian rights. We have more published appellate cases in the area of water law than any other firm in the State—we don't just know the law, we are making the law.
We focus our water law practice on the following areas:
- Disputes between the public and private ownership of riparian lands.
- Riparian interest area delineation.
- Dockage and mooring rights.
- Zoning and funneling matters.
- Road end disputes.
Business Organizations and Startups
Whether you have a brand new business that needs to be set-up or an existing business that has outgrown its current structure, our firm can help. Our attorneys are well-trained and have hands on experience in all phases of business organizations and start-ups.
We can establish the proper business entity for you, whether that is a corporation, limited liability company or partnership. We can facilitate you financing needs and accounting issues. Finally, we can offer you a road map to doing business in northern Michigan by utilizing our substantial network of business and government relationships.
Northern Michigan is growing; join the long list of clients our firm has already assisted in traversing the difficult task of organizing, financing and operating your business here.
Our firm provides an assortment of legal services in the area of general practice, including domestic relations, criminal defense, and general civil.
Domestic relations focus areas include:
- Property settlements.
- Alimony, spousal support, or other maintenance.
- Establishment of paternity.
- Establishment or termination of paternal rights.
- Child support.
- Child custody.
- Visitation rights.
When it comes to criminal charges, the importance of choosing a knowledgeable and aggressive criminal defense firm can be the difference between spending time in jail, and reducing or dismissing charges. Our lawyers are dedicated to defending the rights of the criminally accused and have been representing those accused of crimes successfully for years.
Carey & Jaskowski is a civil litigation firm that can handle a variety of matters from their inception through completion. Our general law practice includes the successful handling of a wide range of civil, business, and consumer related matters.
- Contract disputes.
- Employment litigation, discrimination claims, and wrongful termination.
- Personal injuries and products liability.
Our firm offers assistance in all aspects of estate Planning. We understand that every clients most important estate planning goal is to secure a future which provides for you and for the ones you love.
We will guide you through the preparation of your living trust, will, power of attorney, and patient advocate appointment. We can also assist you with medicaid qualification and veterans assistance.